This custom post type is perfect for displaying the events your organisation puts on. It has support for start and end dates and times, links to ticketing, locations which display a map in the front end, as well as the image slider, video display and header images. Events can also be set to repeat every few days until a certain date.
The All Events Screen
The All Events screen inherits most of the features of the standard posts screen. You can edit, delete or view individual events using the links under the event titles. You can select multiple events for deletion and editing. A bulk edit feature allows you to change certain fields, en masse, for a group of events. A handy in-line edit tool, called quick edit, allows you to update many fields for an individual event. Various search and filtering options allow you to find the event you want to edit or delete.
The Table of Events
A table lists all of your events. By default, the events are listed with the newest event first.
- [ ]: This checkbox, when checked, selects that particular event to be processed by a bulk action, such as edit or delete.
- Event Name: This is the event title displayed as a link. Click the title link to edit this event. Next to the title, if an event is of a Draft, Private, Pending, or Password Protected nature, bold text will display showing that. Hovering over the Event Name displays the unique identifier (ID) of a post.
- Start: The start date and time of this event. Click the column name to sort the available events by the start date, chronologically.
- End: The end date and time of this event. Click the column name to sort the available events by the end date, chronologically.
- Address: The address at which this event takes place. Click the column name to sort the available events by the address, alphabetically